You can use this page to contact us directly.
You can contact us for one of several reasons. This might be to:
- speak to us before you apply
- add information to an existing application
- ask us about the compensation you've received
- ask us about the evidence we have asked you to provide to support your application
- if your situation is urgent, ask for an update on an existing application
Updating an existing application
You'll have to provide specific personal information when you contact us about an existing application. This includes the victim's name, date of birth and address. You also have to include an application reference number in any contact you have with us about an existing application.
You need to contact us immediately to let us know if:
- your contact or personal details change
- you stop using or change representative
- you get compensation or money from any other sources after you apply in relation to the incident
- you have new information to add to your application
- information you provided previously has changed
We do not routinely acknowledge the correspondence we receive and will only contact you if we need to obtain medical or other information and when we make a decision on your application. If you have recently applied for compensation, we will be carrying out the necessary initial enquiries and ask that you await contact from us.
We aim to assess claims as quickly as possible and most are assessed within 12 months. However, the compensation we pay is not intended to meet immediate need. Complex cases will take longer to finalise to ensure that we can make a payment which reflects the severity of the injuries sustained and their long-term impact.
Read more about how we protect your information in our privacy notice.
Other ways of contacting CICA
- Telephone: 0300 003 3601
- From outside the UK: +44 20 3684 2517
- Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 0300 003 3601
- Find out about call charges
Our phone lines are open:
- Monday, 8:30am to 5pm
- Tuesday, 8:30am to 5pm
- Wednesday, 8:30am to 3pm
- Thursday, 8:30am to 5pm
- Friday, 8:30am to 5pm